Thoughts on life, leadership and the movement called the church by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Important Topic at Church Tomorrow

First, thanks for praying for me. I really hated to be out sick last Sunday. Frankly, I liked being able to say that I had never done that in a dozen years. But I suppose the odds were against me keeping a perfect record on that. Anyway, Dennis did an awesome job, didn't he? I'm about 90% now, and doing much better each day.

And I'm excited about returning tomorrow after not teaching for 2 Sundays in a row.

Tomorrow, we deal with one of the most important subjects of our lives. It absolutely affects everyone, and most people - single or married, teenager to older adults - talk about it or think about it more than we might admit. It is very important to our culture, to our lives, to our families, to the health of our marriages and dating relationships. The topic?

Sex.

There. I said it. Tomorrow, I'll say a LOT more about it. More importantly, we'll hear from the Bible about it.

If you want to stay away, that's your choice. But I can assure you of this: I'm not shying away from it. It's important. The Bible has a lot to say about it. I believe that God wants to talk to us about it. And my #1 life role - like your #1 life role - is to listen to His voice and do what He says. I feel very strongly that God wants me to teach the Biblical perspective on sex and I believe that He wants the church (OUR church) to put the subject on the table.

Whether you are single or newly married or married for decades; whether you are a teenager or an adult; regardless of your life's situation, this message is for you and will have practical application for you.

And, as is the case most Sundays, we have a very cool twist that you will not want to miss (nothing inappropriate, I promise.)

NOTE TO PARENTS: If you are a parent of a school-aged child, I completely respect your right as a parent to decide whether or not you want your kid to hear about this topic. But if I can say this as a word of advice: We're certainly not going to talk about mechanics. We're talking about what God has in mind when it comes to sex. Your teenager is talking about it and thinking about it, whether you want to admit that or not. So I encourage you to let them be a part of tomorrow's service. Younger kids (through 6th grade) are always welcome upstairs in First Steps and PowerJAM.

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Brian

No comments: