Thoughts on life, leadership and the movement called the church by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

Friday, August 14, 2009

What I'm seeing in Scripture

I have been reading in 2 places in the Bible.

The first is Colossians. We start a new series on Colossians this coming Sunday. It's really cool, and there is a lot of life application that will come of it. I hope you will read through this short but important book of the Bible with us. I'm have read it several times to prepare, and I gain new insights every time I read it.

The second is Chronicles. We don't talk about Chronicles very often, and there is a good reason. 1 & 2 Chronicles are almost identical to 1 & 2 Kings. So, when we get to that part of the story, we usually finish 2 Samuel and then start with the next book, 1 Kings.

I said they were almost identical. Almost. But not entirely. And I have been finding some really great truths as I journey through Chronicles again. It's been some years since I spent any time there and God is really honoring my commitment to seek Him in the hidden corners of the Bible. I'll start to share a few of these in some future posts. If you aren't reading anything in the Bible right now, in addition to Colossians, perhaps you want to come along with me in Chronicles.

No comments: