Thoughts on life, leadership and the movement called the church by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Scared of the Shower

On Sunday the 13th, I talked about sacrifice and I was sharing how I would stand in harms way for my family without hesitation.

But I ALSO said that I didn't do too well at home alone - especially at night - because all the noises freaked me out and I guess I'd watched too many horror flicks as a kid.

Anyway, Friday of last week I heard a report on NPR. They were marking the 50th anniversary of the movie Psycho. They talked to someone who had interviewed Janet Leigh, and she said she never took a shower again after making the movie! The interviewer was unconvinced, so she took him to her bathroom...there was no shower curtain! Just a tub.

They went on to say that Psycho changed the way America took a shower!

I feel so much better, now that I know I'm not alone.

1 comment:

Kim Kready said...

That is hilarious! I am laughing b/c I'm the same way! When Kris is gone, I freak out about little noises. I can totally relate to the shower thing--or I'm always looking behind the shower curtain, thinking that someone might be hiding behind it! That was especially true after I saw Texas Chainsaw Massacre!