Thoughts on life, leadership and the movement called the church by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

Friday, June 4, 2010

The Hole In Our Gospel


I've been reading Rich Stearn's book The Hole In Our Gospel. Rich is the president of World Vision.

It's one of the most moving books I've ever read, and it is THE best case I've ever heard for how we can end poverty around the world. Rich's argument is compelling, Biblically based, and practical. I don't know how anyone could read this book and not be moved to do more and live differently. It begins powerfully, there is a little lull in the first half, but push through it and you'll be glad you did.

There is a shelf in my office for books that I would grab if the building were burning down. They are books that I want to read again and again, that form the foundation of my leadership, our church, and of how I want to live my life. This book will go on that shelf. I commend it to your reading.

You can get it by clicking here.

No comments: