Thoughts on life, leadership and the movement called the church by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Adopted Child!

One of my axiom's that I throw around a lot is "Words Matter". I'm a words person. My love language (see Gary Chapman's 5 Love Languages) is Words of Affirmation. I like crafting words, shaping arguments and presentations, etc. I LOVE to write.

But I still find that words are imperfect...or at least I'm imperfect at communicating with them.

So, a few weeks ago, I said, from the stage, that Susan and I were adopting a child from Moldova, and I went on to say that I'd be sending money every month, etc. What I meant to imply was that we were sponsoring a child by sending money every month through CERI.

But since then, people keep asking my wife, Susan, when our adopted child will be arriving!

So, Words Matter...if I can use the correctly! :-)

We are not adopting a child, we are sponsoring one! Sorry for the confusion.

(but the whole thing has brought us many laughs!)

No comments: