Thoughts on life, leadership and the movement called the church by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

Friday, June 18, 2010

A few thoughts...

Some random thoughts...

1) On getting away with friends. We had a chance to slip away for a day with our good friends, Dennis and Brenda Green. Brenda had been given a gift of appreciation from her work - 2 nights at an historic Bed and Breakfast in downtown Baltimore. We went up there Thursday afternoon and got a room for one night. We had a GREAT time, a nice dinner at an Italian joint, sat out on the balcony - really cool. I got up early, sat in the courtyard, read my Bible, enjoyed the coming of a new day. It's so important to get away sometimes. Today, we went to the National Aquarium

2) On traffic. The worst place on the PLANET to drive is Northern Va, Baltimore, Washington DC. We were having such a great time, we didn't leave until 3pm. After 2 & 1/2 hours, we were still only in Northern Virginia! Stop, drive 10mph for 10 seconds, stop again. Mile after mile after mile. Took almost 5 hours to get drive 180 miles. Those people are CRAZY!!! I don't know how ANYONE can live in that mess all the time. We don't know how good we've got it...I gripe when I have to wait more than one click at a stoplight. Today's experience really makes me appreciate where we live.

3) On vacations. I'm really looking forward to two weeks off. More on that in a coming post...

1 comment:

Double E said...

I am soooo looking forward to getting 15 or is it 16 vans, trucks and trailers loaded down with 92 youth and chaperons through NOVA, Washington, Baltimore and part of Philly PA and Trenton NJ to our final destination of Neptune. I think we'll leave at 8AM and plan on arriving the next morning. haha