Thoughts on life, leadership and the movement called the church by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Next Series: Move!


Jesus never sat still for long.  He was always going...always doing...always on the Move.  So why is it that we usually talk about what Jesus said and spend so little energy looking at what he did?  

One reason is because Words Matter.  So, Jesus' words happen to be really important.

But his actions are equally important.

So, leading up to Easter, we are going to look every week at some of the actions of Jesus.  We'll be staying in the book of John for this series and encouraging everyone to read John along the way, as a community, finishing it by Easter.  

We've never done a series like this, and I'm really excited about it!!  To think about Jesus, on the Move, and to study the things he did.  When I researched this, it blew me away when I saw the things he quietly did, with little or no comment.  I can't wait to share with you each week what I saw...and Beth and her team have some really cool creative elements that will help us encounter God and engage with the subject.  

I promise that the implications of this series will meet you where you are and have an impact on your life!

I hope you will make an effort to be there each week.  It's going to be awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brian,

John is probably my favorite book of the new testament. There are so many amazing things that Jesus did I think one of the most awesome things he did is in the first 17 verses of John 13. Knowing what was coming and yet taking the time with his dicipiles to teach them about washing feet!

Also John 17 is probably my favorite chapter anywher in the Bible, when I realize that He is praying to God about me. Wow!!!

I'm hoping and praying that I will be there for your messages on John. The Lorad always give you insight to see things that I don't and I look forward to what He will teach me through you.

Thank you Brian for staying true to His word and His calling on your life!......bp