Thoughts on life, leadership and the movement called the church by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

Monday, March 23, 2009

How Effective Are We?

I am constantly asking the question:  How effective are we?  To answer that question, I ask a few more:
  • Are we doing what we set out to do?  
  • Are we doing it to the best of our ability?  
  • Are we trusting God fully for what He wants to do?  
  • Are we being faithful to our calling? 
  • Can we do it better than we're doing it now?  

I'm really in evaluation mode right now.  I do think we can do what we do better and more effectively.  But I also think that we are being faithful and we are seeing incredible results.  The last two 101 classes I've led have been amazing.  Combined, there were about 37 people between the 2 classes, 22 of whom weren't going to church anywhere when they came to PCC.  The stories they tell about what PCC has meant in their lives leaves me speechless and in awe that God could use us in such a profound way.

What we do matters...and as I evaluate our effectiveness, I will do so with the awareness that we ARE making a difference.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brian,

What you wrote about the PCC 101 classes supports what Perry Noble siad on the video you recommended we view, and that is "You can't schedule or manage a move of God." What a great message for all of us to hear. We are on the right track because at the core of all we do, we want to and strive to do it the way God is calling us to do it. I also liked the fact that a lot of what Perry said were things that we've heard you say. That also show's that it is God moving because He sends out messages for His children and they are always right and they are always truth and He NEVER sends mixed signals.
How cool to be right where God wants us to be!We may and will make mistakes but Thak God for the Grace to get up wipre off and try again.

Thanks to you and the staff for teaching us how to move and change our methods, but to stay true to our calling! My prayer like Perry said and that you have said many times is Teach me Lord to be comfortable with being uncomfortable!