Thoughts on life, leadership and the movement called the church by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

Sunday, July 4, 2010

We need Help!


You may not know it, but the building is still under construction. Specifically, and at the top of the list, is the Portico (the covered drop off). We own the materials (like $40,000 worth). We just have to finish it and put it up. Here's something I got from Robin Manes about how you can help:

We got all of the large timbers power washed today and will complete the A Frames on Monday when the guy will be there to lay them out and flip them.

I have one belt sander (Thanks Kirk) and could really use 2 to 3 more. If you have one we'd love to borrow it if you're comfortable. I would like to get these sanders some time on Sunday cause I'm hoping we can get more of the sanding done after church on Sunday. I'll be at the Westchester until 10:30 and then I hope to get some calls on my cell phone of those who can help with belt sanders or whom can loan theirs out. If you don't have one but know someone who does, please see if you can borrow one for me. We will be very careful with it and will return it in good condition. I can lock it in the PCC trailer to keep it safe.

MONDAY: We still will need lots of people to stain, two power washer people and one power washer (machine). We will need belt sanders for this day as well. We will start 8:30 and go atleast until 12:00.

PLEASE call my cell before you come so know someone will diffently be at the church. This is all taking place in front of the trailer and some may be on the paved parking lot.

Robin Golden Manes
804-598-0283 (home)
804-598-8861 (office)
804-839-3453 (cell)
www.powhatancc.org
www.discountkarting.com

No comments: