Thoughts on life, leadership and the movement called the church by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

No Perfect People Allowed Responses


Sunday was a phenomenal day. We talked about how God can change anyone who is willing to give their lives to Him. Transformation is the final step in a commitment to Christ. Belief is not enough. Even the devil believes. You have to be willing to let God transform you if you want to be a Christ follower. Saul, who became the Apostle Paul, said later in his life, "…if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Cor 5:17, NIV)

We received hundreds of cards on Sunday and we're following up with everyone now. There are several folks already who have confirmed that they crossed the line of faith on Sunday, made a commitment to follow Christ, and are ready to go public with Baptism.

Lots of others indicated that they needed a friend or were waiting to see God or just weren't quite ready for transformation. We're following up with everyone of these, regardless of which box they checked. There are scores of them.

Please pray for these folks. Many are seeking God. It is a very exciting time in their spiritual journey, but also a vulnerable one. Pray that they would continue to pursue Truth. Pray that we would represent God well as we help to guide them. Pray that God would continue to use PCC in the powerful way He has been doing these past few weeks and months.




1 comment:

jf said...

"Transformation is the final step in a commitment to Christ. Belief is not enough. Even the devil believes."

These are two very powerful and challenging sentences Brian. I believe them to be true. When you first related them to me, they forced me to have to reexamine the campsite where I'd parked along my spiritual journey. In other words I believed Jesus Christ to be the son of God and that he had died for our sins and that he was resurrected from the dead and that he is seated at the right hand of the Father, therefore I was good enough to get into heaven, and that was far enough. Those two challenging sentences forced me to have to ask myself "how could you believe all of that yet continue to live only for yourself, and continue to break God's commandments, and continue to not concern yourself with the suffering of your fellow man? The answer turned out to be that I knew who God was and where he lived but I didn't love him to go out of my way for him. I revered him, but that's a lot different than really loving God. I guess if I could just add one other thing to this very long comment I'd say, that even though transformation can sometimes come quickly or even in a moment, for others like me, it comes in fits and starts.