Thoughts on life, leadership and the movement called the church by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

Sunday, May 31, 2009

What a great day...

Today was such a great day!  
  • Church was great, the music was excellent and Ron and Don made their return, which was a lot of fun.  The crowd was engaged and the service was relevant and fun.
  • I had PCC 101 after the 2nd service.  About 23 people came.  On the first day (it's a 2 part class), I ask people to answer 3 questions:  1) Their name, 2) How they got to PCC, and 3) Why they came back.  We go around the circle and one by one they answer these questions.  It is one of my favorite things to do, as person after person talked about what a difference the church made in their lives.  It reminds me why we do what we do, and it reinforces my resolve to stay focused on reaching people who don't go to church.
  • Then I went to Windy Hill and joined the kids for a putt-putt tournament.  I played horribly, but had a great time!  Those kids are great!
  • I finished by attending the PCC Senior Night, celebrating 7 of our teenagers who are graduating from High School.  Angie did a fantastic job putting this event together, including dinner and displays, student-led worship, a fun slide show and some really inspiring words that Angie prepared and passionately delivered.  It was an incredibly moving time, and reminded me of the life-changing work that is happening with our teenagers.
There is a lot happening this week for me.  I'll begin my part of writing a devotional guide that we are doing for our fall emphasis.  We have a lot going on with our building and I've got several meetings on that.  I'm contacting a bunch of folks who have expressed interest in being baptized.  I'm doing a good bit of care and some counseling, meeting with some leaders, doing a lot of planning, preparing for a big party we're hosting and writing for a special service we are doing next Sunday.  

In spite of an overloaded schedule,  I feel really good right now...I am excited about this summer and looking forward to God doing great things through us.  We are building momentum again, and it feels great!

What are some ways that you see PCC making a difference?  Do you feel the momentum building, too?

No comments: