Thoughts on life, leadership and the movement called the church by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Vow series resource and book

To really be fulfilled in life, you have to find the One.  God is the ONE.  Your spouse is the TWO.

One thing that is important to note is that I have been influenced greatly during this serious by two sources.  The first is Craig Groeschel, from Lifechurch.tv.  Craig developed this series called The Vow and we have used many of the resources that Lifechurch created - like the image of the bouquet, etc.  I have adapted his thoughts, used some of them, discarded others, and generally made it my own.  But the basis and the idea came from him.

Second, Craig and I both relied on a book that I recommend to you.  It's called Marriage on the Rock.  Click here if you want to see more.  Jimmy Evans actually came up with the 4 Vows we'll be discussing.  If you haven't read a good book on marriage in a while (or ever), let me encourage you to get this book and read it.  If you are married, you should consider reading it together.













 

No comments: