Thoughts on life, leadership and the movement called the church by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Last night I had the very unusual privilege of enjoying one of the most surprisingly impressive shows I've ever seen.  I had never been to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and I honestly didn't really know anything about it.  It's like nothing I've ever experienced, with a complex mixture of musical genres that I would never have imagined going together on the same platform, let alone at the same time.

The musicians were breathtaking.  They were as tight as any band I've ever heard.  And unbelievably skilled.  But what most impressive - out of a LONG list of inspiring qualities - was the light show.  That part just can't be described.  That's the part you can't play on your Bose system or watch on your 70" plasma.  You can only experience it live.  Moving lights.  LED's.  Tons of screens.  Thousands of lights.  Lasers and Hazers.  It was unbelievable.  


After the show, Susan, Jeff & Lanette Boggess and I went backstage and got to meet most of the band.  That was very cool.  But getting to spend a few minutes with Roddy Chong was special.  



He shared some of his story with us.  I enjoyed his down-to-earth demeanor and the freedom he felt to talk about his faith.  I think I can say that he's a one of a kind violinist....

You can see more about him on his website here.

So, who knows.  Maybe Roddy can come to PCC sometime...or perhaps we can work something out with Atlee and together we could bring him here to share his experience and gifts with us some weekend.

For now, I'm just grateful.  It was a special evening, a special date with special friends.  And I'm really glad I went!

No comments: