Thoughts on life, leadership and the movement called the church by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

Monday, November 21, 2011

New Steering Team Nominees

Every year, PCC has one or more Steering Team members come to the end of their three-year term and a few more are added.  This year, we have nominated Chip Stettler, Charlie Towler and Peggy Tucker.  In my post from a couple days ago, JF asked a GREAT question about how new Steering Team nominees get selected, and I'll answer that in another post later this week.  But for now, I wanted you to have some information about the three folks for this year.  While we obviously know some things about these folks, I asked each of them to share a little about themselves.  These are their own words:

Charlie Towler

  • Been at PCC since spring of 2007. A member since 2008. (I think)
  • Married two and a half years to Jeanette. Three girls and four boys between us, aged 21 to 30. We live in Powhatan.
  • Presently retired. Was self employed as a commercial electrical contractor from 1979 to 2010. Founder, past Chairman and continuous Board member of the Virginia Electrical Contractors Apprentice Program since 1986. I was active in local and national trade associations and served on many committees. Own James River Land Development, a land development company; Licensed Class A General Contractor, built homes and commercial buildings in Powhatan and Chesterfield.
  • Accepted Christ as my personal savior and Lord on Nov 19, 1985 and became a member of Bethany Place Baptist in Chesterfield. My favorite verse is Prov 3:4-6.
  • What I love about PCC is the people and the atmosphere. Although PCC is different from my past experiences in church, it is apparent that the style of the messages, the music, and the many ministries within PCC result in a loving caring community oriented atmosphere. Your past is never judged nor are you pressured to get involved or serve. When you are ready to get involved, loving people welcome and encourage you. God's word is lived at PCC......John 3:17 "God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world but to save the world through Him". There is no condemnation at PCC.
  • I enjoy golf, fishing, and hunting.



Chip Stettler
  • My wife Kim and I have been married for 21 years.
  • We moved to Richmond from Wilmington, NC in 1996 when I took at job a CapitalOne.
  • I have been employed at CapitalOne since 1996 working as a software developer and architect.
  • We have 4 wonderful children (Caleb -14, Katie -12, Nathan -10, and Kendall -8) who are homeschooled by the most awesome teacher in the world -- their Mom!
  • I became a believer at the age of 20 and have been actively working with children of all ages from preschool to middleschool. Prior to coming to PCC I taught Preschool Sunday School and worked as an AWANA leader for 10 years. Since coming to PCC I have continued to work with children. I have been a story teller in First Steps and a PowerJam leader for 2nd-6th grade boys.
  • For fun I like spending time with my family in various outdoor activities particularly youth baseball and softball and hunting.
  • My family and I joined PCC 4 or 5 years ago. What do I like most about PCC? I don’t think its one thing. It’s the total package. I love the people, the music, and the teaching. I am encouraged to be part of a church whose primary objective is to reach the unchurched peoples around us.

Peggy Tucker

  • Been coming to PCC for about 5 years. I was a volunteer at the Powhatan guest services/book store and then became involved in the Westchester campus shortly after it was launched. I mainly provide support as a production coordinator but also help out at First Steps and Guest Services.  
  • Married (happily!) for 31 years to Pete, 2 daughters of our own Amber & Alison (28 & 24) and also raising a foster son Alex Higuchi (17) and foster daughter Secret Loving (16) 
  • President & Owner of Monarch Meetings, a company specializing in planning & implementing large meetings, conventions and events. 
  • What I love about PCC – the worship service, my HIGH light of the week. It’s church, but like none I’ve experienced and I always come away recharged and refocused. 
  • Recent proud achievement – recently ran my 1st half marathon!






No comments: