Thoughts on life, leadership and the movement called the church by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

Friday, December 4, 2009

Taking time out with Family

I am now doing a pretty disciplined job with a steady ritual: having lunch with my youngest son. I blogged about it a few weeks ago. That first day, Joshua asked me if I would do it again, so while we were at lunch in October, we put dates on the calendar for November and December. He wanted me to write down his 'order' for each month. October was McDonalds. November was Chik-Fil-A. Yesterday was Papa Johns, and while we ate he wanted to schedule January, February and March. "How's January 14 look for you?" I asked. "I think that's ok," he replied, as if his 8-year-old calendar was normally filled, but he would somehow squeeze me in.

I need to be as deliberate with my other two kids as I am with Joshua. So, I still have some work to do. Joshua makes it easy because he still asks for time.

Anyway, just a note to maybe encourage you to set aside some time for your kids. It's a good reminder for all of us.

No comments: