1) Some fantastic series' are on the horizon! Here's a sampling:
- 'Ritual', which will look at the Bible's teachings about communion, confession, baptism, symbols and other relevant and important parts of exercising one's faith. We've never done a series like this one before and I'm totally excited about it! You may think these things don't affect you, but they do in big ways. Don't miss it.
- Every year, one series I look forward to for months is the one about family. We'll look at marriage and parenting and other and family relationships. This is one of my favorite subjects and I can't wait!
- You'll see more of the Teaching Team this year. I think God is doing some very cool things in these up and coming communicators, and I'm honored to speak into their gift and turn them loose at PCC!
- We're going to do a series on prayer called The Circle Maker. I don't think we've ever done a series on prayer before, and it's going to be very practical and applicable to all kinds of people -whether you're new to faith or have been a Christ follower for decades. This series will finish in DRAMATIC fashion with...
(drum roll, please)
2) Mark Batterson! Yes, Mark Batterson is coming to PCC on June 24!!! In case you don't recognize his name, LOTS of you will recognize his book. He's the guy who wrote "Wild Goose Chase". We did that as a six week series in the fall of 2010 (it was the one with the cages) and it radically transformed our church. It was so incredible. So, when Mark's latest book - The Circle Maker - came out, we worked with him to nail down a date he could come and be with us. You won't want to miss the chance to hear him speak at PCC!
3) PCC turns 10!! That's right, this year is our TEN year anniversary. It's hard to believe! So, this fall, we are going to have a GRAND and AWESOME event to celebrate. Planning is in the works now, and we'll have a date nailed down soon and more details.
4) PCC Preschool opens this fall! We've been working on it for months and in the next week or two, advertisements will begin rolling in the local paper and we'll be taking registrations. We want PCC folks to know about it now so they can get in before it fills up.
5) After struggling through the first part of 2011, we seem to have finally gained some momentum in our finances from October 16 forward. That was the day that I told our church that giving had really been down and that we needed help. From that day on, all I can say is WOW! The faithfulness of our folks has been a great relief since that day and our finances continue to improve. So, don't let up! If we can stay on the pace we set in November and December, 2012 will be a breakthrough year for the ministries of our church and we can finally do some of the things we've been dreaming about to help folks in dramatic and life changing ways.
There is a lot more in the works. God is up to something. We have a strong footing and we're ready to climb the next hill - I honestly feel like 2012 is going to be the year of a dramatic, miraculous movement of God at PCC!