1) Baptism. We have a baptism on Sunday, September 18, at 4pm at the James River at Cartersville. There is still time to be a part of it. If you have been thinking about this step in your spiritual journey, email or FB me or call our office at 804.598.1174. For the rest of us, come out and support this important milestone in the lives of folks around us!
2) No More Online Ads! Our Online Campus has been struggling with 'ads' since we started. These ads would come in the beginning (when you logged in) and 2 or 3 times during the streaming. At first, they were ok - just a nuisance, but tolerable. Then we started to get ads that were a little...inappropriate. I got one report that a family was online one Sunday during their vacation - WITH their kids - when an ad came on for a website where you could learn how to french kiss! That was pretty much it for us! So, we are paying a fee now to buy out of them. Some folks stepped away from our Online campus because of the ads. Spread the word - they are no more!
3) The CORE. Leaders, Members, Volunteers, PCC'ers and the just plain curious - we bring together our church 3 or 4 times a year for a gathering called The CORE. Here we talk about what's happening at PCC, do some worship together, and have an informal Q & A. There are many exciting things coming up, so come out and enjoy some time together on September 25, 6pm, at the Powhatan Campus.
4) Project Freedom. You may have been hearing some buzz about this. Information is coming out in the next week to the entire church - and it is very exciting. Keep your ears open. You'll hear about it from the stage and through our various communications forums.
5) Small Groups. Small group sign up's begin in the next two weeks. LOTS of people have been asking me about fall small groups. They're coming. Stay tuned.
God is going to do GOD-SIZED things at PCC this fall! Thanks for being a part of it!