Thoughts on life, leadership and the movement called the church by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Reputation and Mission of God Formula

I introduced a formula at church today. Sometimes I think in formulas and over the course of many hours pondering Ephesians 3-4, this one kind of emerged. It makes sense to me.

The scripture came from Ephesians 3:20-4:13. You can hear the message by going to www.pccwiredlive.net.

Here are a few notes:

1) Glory = Doxa, which means 'reputation'. Jesus is the Doxa of God. Now, we are to be the Doxa of Jesus.
2) PB = Personal Behavior
3) IC = Individual Calling
4) EL = Equipping Leadership
5) FP = Focused Purpose.

For completely non linear people - total abstract types - this might bore you to death. I kind of live with a foot on the creative side and one on the concrete side. This computes in my mind. Hope it helps you, too.

1 comment:

Donia said...

Great message today--but what personally grabbed me and beat me in the head a little was the part about our individual calling and unique sphere of influence. As a teacher, I am humbled and challenged by the thought of the dozens of lives I impact each year. It's a daunting responsibility! Couple that with Paul's call to be "humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love" (Eph 4:2) and I have all the homework I can handle for this fast approaching school year!