Thoughts on life, leadership and the movement called the church by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Journey through Hebrews

I had hoped to study a book of the Bible with you on this blog beginning June 1, but I just couldn't settle on the right book. Not that there aren't enough to choose from (there are only 66 books in the Bible), but I wanted the ONE that fit this moment.

Anyway, I have landed on Hebrews and am really enjoying reading through it a few times. There is SO much to be gleaned from studying this book!

Beginning today, I'll blog about a chapter every 2-3 days (there are only 13 chapters in the book). I might write about some chapters more than once.

IMPORTANT NOTE: For you to really benefit, you can't just read what I write! In fact, what I am going to say is nothing compared to reading the Bible for yourself. Look, we're talking about a very small commitment - like 5-10 minutes a day. But you will grow if you will approach those few minutes with an open heart and a prayerful spirit. I like to pray something like this,

"God, I really want to know you. I trust that you gave us the Bible for a reason, that you want me to invest some time reading it, and that you will speak through it. So, here I am, Lord. Show me something today that I've not seen before. Teach me something about you. Give me an application to make to my own life. And whatever happens, I'm grateful to spend a few minutes with you today."

So, go get your Bible. Read Hebrews Chapter 1, and then come back to this blog. In a few minutes, I'll post some thoughts on chapter 1.

No comments: