Thoughts on life, leadership and the movement called the church by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Vacation?

I tried something this past week that I haven't done in a long time. Actually, I don't remember ever doing it before, though I might have 10 or 15 years ago and just don't recall.

I tried to take a vacation but never leave home.

Normal vacations, for me, always involve leaving...going somewhere. Skiing. Disney. Mountains. Beach. It can be nowhere...somewhere...anywhere other than home. But this week, we needed to cook on Wednesday, family coming in, leaves to blow, house to clean, etc. So, we decided to just stay home.

Apparently, lots of people do this all the time. I guess you develop an aptitude for it...but I STINK at it! I worked on Monday. "Just a few emails to finish up," I said. Then a few things came up here and there. (One was very urgent and important, most were not). And today I find myself ramping up...except I never really ramped down!

So, I've decided that I don't vacation from home very well. Maybe someone could teach me how?

The week was good, though. And I hope yours was, too!

No comments: