Thoughts on life, leadership and the movement called the church by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

Monday, September 20, 2010

Notes from yesterday with Scripture References

I promised to get you the scripture references from yesterday, along with some notes:
  • Jesus' call to 'follow me' comes from lots of places. I referred to some in Matthew: 4:19, 8:22, 9:9, 19:21,16:24.
  • I referenced Nicodemus, who you can read about in John 3 & 7
  • I began by talking about Bill Hybels. Several folks asked about him, you can find out more by clicking here. You can get the 'from Here to There' presentation that he did on DVD (it costs $25) by clicking here.
  • Here are the 5 stages of maturity that I developed:
1) Life is about what I want.
2) Life is about what is happening around me.
3) Life is about what Jesus can do for me.
4) Life is about what I want to do for Jesus.
5) Life is about what Jesus wants to do through me.

The destination goal for our spiritual journey is #5.

Hope this helps.

No comments: