Thoughts on life, leadership and the movement called the church by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

Monday, September 22, 2008

Here I Am. Send Me.

Based on the emails and Facebook messages we're sorted through today, many people were greatly impacted by the video we used in service yesterday.  The story we saw and heard brought home the strength and power of the text used by Brian in his message:

 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple.  Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying.  And they were calling to one another:  "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory." At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke. "Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty."  Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar.  With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for."  Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" 

And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" - Isaiah 6.1-8

Several folks have inquired about the possibility of having a copy of this piece for various purposes; some want to share with other churches, some with family members and friends, some for mission connections.

This piece was produced by the Video Team at Willow Creek Community Church.  You can explore this and many other products at Toward Wonder, which highlights the Arts Segment of the Willow Creek Association.  

If you'd like to purchase the video, simply search the Toward Wonder site for 'A Thousand Questions' and you'll see the product.

We'd love to know if this video or the service yesterday impacted you in a specific way.  Please leave a comment here and let us know!

3 comments:

Connie Kottmann said...

If there's a way that the musicians and choir folks can view this it would be great. We could only hear it partially and not really see it...any way to schedule a quick viewing of it after a service sometime?

The Dude said...

The video and the first song was a point of great disccusion at the green room last night. Personnally I believe that in order to fulfill the mission that PCC plainly states, risks need to be taken. Whether that risk be an intense video or a secular song choice is up to question. But what I find completely unquestionable is the fact that lives were touched on sunday regaurdless of music choices and service planning. God was real in a way that I've never felt before in my life and if he can take us as we are, then that is certainly a excellent message.

The Dude said...

And I really wish I could edit that comment to fix my grammar....