Thoughts on life, leadership and the movement called the church by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Share Your Story

The message today emphasized the importance of seeing God in your present circumstances - in the moment. We talked about John Ortberg's concept of 'Reviewing the Dailies' and how we can train ourselves to see God if we will take the time to consider how we encountered Him each day. A sense of your own history helps develop an awareness that God truly is closer than you think.

So - what's your story? What's happened in your life recently that's allowed you to see God's impact on your days? Was there a time when your experience showed you that God was really closer than you thought? We want to know your story! Click on the 'comment' button below and tell us about it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tithed 10% of my paycheck even though I didn't have enough money to cover the bills. Money came in unexpectedly and I was able to get through the month just fine. I learned more about trusting God and know that He really was close to me.

Powhatan Peg

Barbara said...

I have been convicted that God wants me to understand His Word better. There is such blessing in making time every day to seek God and His will for my life. I am truly blessed with how He has revealed Himself to me as I've read the Bible every day. We Christians have such a marvelous legacy of scripture!

Anonymous said...

God shines in my life everyday by giving me my breath,health,life,love,and laughter and guiding me where I need to be to help those I can. He has also helped me to be a better woman,wife, and grow stronger in different places of my life where I was weak. Also giving my strength,faith and hope to want to learn more and grow! God is Awesome and I am blessed for everyday I recieve to have life!