Thoughts on life, leadership and the movement called the church by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Letter to PCC folks from Pastor Brian

Hey, Gang!  What a phenomenal week this has been at PCC!  I thought I'd share with you 7 important things you ought to know.

1) We baptized 30 people today!  Wow!  It never gets old to me when people find their way to Jesus and go public with their decision to follow Him.  It still blows my mind that God uses us in their journey.

2) Attendance is on the rise at Westchester, Powhatan and Online!  Summer always sees people scatter.  It's really encouraging to see lots and lots of people returning to church.

3) Now is a GREAT time to invite some friends to PCC.  This series about looking at the surprising moments in Jesus' life is a genuine, raw, unfiltered look at who Jesus really was.  It's refreshing to me, and I know it will be to your friend who says he doesn't like church or the one who says she doesn't think the church is ready for her.  We're ready for them - and we will never single them out or put them on the spot.    Invite someone!

4) I met several people today who said they were ready to get involved and serve at church.  We can only reach our full potential when everyone is in the game.  There has never been a better time to volunteer.  Email me here and I'll help get you connected!

5) Lots of people are asking about our 3rd campus in Fluvanna.  I am SO excited about it, and it seems like every week more people are committing to that campus - people who are already a part of PCC and folks who live in that area.  We're still making plans and working out the details, but the prospects for that campus are phenomenal!  More info is coming soon.

6) The book I referred to in my message today is Beautiful Outlaw by John Eldredge.  It was given to me as a gift from some good PCC friends it is fantastic!
7) Finally, you may not have noticed that the closing song today was written by some of the talented folks on our creative worship team.  You can watch/hear the song by clicking here, the song starts between 59 and 60 minutes.  God has brought some unbelievably gifted people to us and it's a real blessing to have them using those gifts at PCC.  Way to Go, Laura and Matthew!

Hope to see you next Sunday - some crazy awesome things are coming for our church and you don't want to miss them!

No comments: