Thoughts on life, leadership and the movement called the church by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Love Dare

Today, I talked about the Love Dare book.  Coupled with the movie, Fireproof, it's one of the most powerful relationship and marriage building tools I've ever seen.  I can't overstate how much I urge everybody to go get this book, watch the movie (which is available for rent at the movie store) and spend 40 days taking the book seriously.  You can get more info at http://bhpublishinggroup.com/lovedare/ and you can find the book just about anywhere.  It's a NYTimes best seller.

Let me know how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Brian,
I first wanted to tell you what an awesome message you gave yesterday, I just had to write you. So David and I went out Saturday night (Valentine's Day) to dinner and afterwards went to get a movie. David immediately went to see if "Fireproof" was available, since the last time we were there it wasn't. Now, the amazing thing about this is we both had never heard of this movie before, and really didn't even read the commentary on what it was about, we just liked the title. So we both sat down and watched it. I can't tell you how amazed we were at what a great movie this was. After it was over we asked each other why we had never heard of it before. We decided we needed to tell you about it so you could get the word out. Imagine our surprise when at the end of service yesterday you spoke about that very movie and how it touched your life. We both felt inspired and moved by your message and that just put the icing on the cake! Thank you so much for telling everyone about it. And by the way, David wants me to tell you that he'd be happy to take that Corvette off of your Dad's hands.

Anonymous said...

I too think yesterday's service was a special one.There is so much going on with this country right now,that we don't have any control over.But you reminded us of something we can steer back into control,with God's help.The one relationship we dreamed of,prayed for,and spent a lot of time working on is the one we are guilty of neglecting.Bruce and I saw the movie, Fire Proof with our small group,and are currently doing the "Fire Proof" Bible study,along with the challanging "Love Dare".It's going really well,and I think we are all benefitting from going through this experience together.We are already on Day 16! Pam Chewning