Thoughts on life, leadership and the movement called the church by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Resist the Devil

Last week, we discussed James 4:1-10.  v. 7 says "...Resist the Devil and he will flee from you." At the end of my message, I told a story about a man who stared down a mountain lion.  I said that resisting the Devil was active and intentional.  We had to stare down the enemy when we are being tempted.  

But I didn't tie this together well.  I meant to quote Peters words, "Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." (1 Peter 5:8, NIV).  This would have helped you to see why I told the story of the mountain lion and my feeling that resisting the Devil is active.

Sometimes I just don't wrap it up well.  This is one of those times.  Hope this helps add some clarity.

Brian
p.s.  The photo above is not a picture of me, though sometimes that guy does stand on my shoulder!


No comments: