Thoughts on life, leadership and the movement called the church by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

by Brian C. Hughes, Senior Pastor

Monday, October 8, 2007

A Ripe Harvest in Amelia!

Yesterday, I spoke at an informational meeting in Amelia about Amelia Community Church. We published a couple of advertisements in the Amelia paper and I was pleased with the folks who came. There were some influential pastors in the room - including pastors from Amelia churches, the pastor from Ironbridge Baptist, and the pastors from New Journey and Swift Creek Community churches.

When I spoke, I told the story of PCC and the unchurched folks we're after. Then I talked about 8,000 people who live in Amelia who don't go to church anywhere - fully 60.5% of the people in the county! The harvest is ripe, Jesus said, and that certainly describes Amelia.

When the meeting was over, people signed up to be a part of the launch team, and, I believe, Amelia Community Church was born.

It is a real blessing for us to be able to be a part of this work through financial support, leadership coaching, and by lending them a hand in getting started. We are becoming a church planting church, which is what I believe God wanted for us all along. Keep praying for Amelia - the Harvest is Ripe!

Brian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful, Brian for all of your hard work in this area. I feel truly blessed to be part of a church where we are constantly raising the bar and seeking to provide so many with the gospel. Thank you for all of your hard work! It is a true pleasure and blessing to serve with you!

Joshua Marks